Responsible Care®, which is supported by the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC) and the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), outlines the global chemical industry’s unifying commitment to the safe management of chemicals throughout their lifecycle, promoting their role in improving quality of life and contributing to sustainable development. It is a voluntary initiative and commitment program. It emphasizes the sensitivity of organizations operating in the chemical industry on environmental, human health and technical safety issues and aims to continuously improve their performance.
Kimpur, which is signatory to the Responsible Care® Global Charter is committed to actively strengthening Responsible Responsibility around the world by aligning its people, technologies and business practices with the six core elements of the contract and the following:
- A Corporate Leadership Culture that proactively supports safe chemicals management through the global Responsible Care initiative
- Safeguarding People and the Environment by continuously improving our environmental, health and safety performance; the security of our facilities, processes and technologies; and by driving continuous improvement in chemical product safety and stewardship throughout the supply chain
- Strengthening Chemicals Management Systems by participating in the development and implementation of lifecycle-oriented, sound-science and risk-based chemical safety legislation and best practices
- Influencing Business Partners to promote the safe management of chemicals within their own operations
- Engaging Stakeholders, understanding and responding to their concerns and expectations for safer operations and products and communicating openly on our performance and products
- Contributing to Sustainability through improved performance, expanded economic opportunities and the development of innovative technologies and other solutions to societal challenges